agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 25 posts ]
Offline pmw
Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:19 pm Post 
Hey,

I was driving on GTR-server with formula. After that, I desided to drive with FZR, I took it and my safe dropped to 75%.

What the hell happen??
It was 96% or something before this.

Offline BMW-gek
Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:40 am Post 
:huh: Strange

Offline Speedy J
Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:50 am Post 
If you check your safety rate ingame (!rate or under !pi) I am convident that you will see nothing has changed really.

This strange message appeared in my chat some times also but did not effect the actual safety rate.

EDIT: checked it, it's 97,27% (f)

Offline pmw
Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:21 pm Post 
Oh ok. Thanks

Offline pmw
Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:33 pm Post 
Wait.

Now I checked my safe% with !pi on menulobby, it said 40%(???). OK, I tried to take car, it said I need to have safe 85% atleast or something. Then race started and I checked my safe again, now it's 75% AND, it sais i've raced last time in 2008??

I can't race right now, what can I do?

Offline marcromboy
Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:40 pm Post 
must be a airio bug or something :no:

Offline pmw
Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 pm Post 
Yeah but if I'm right, there are own SQL-database for every server. So this safe% issue is only on cargame? So, is it fixable manually? Can somebody do something for this?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:01 pm Post 
It's always you with problems huh... :lol:

Under investigation ;)

Seems like a bug :x

Offline Speedy J
Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:02 pm Post 
Damn.... PMW you are right. Now in cargame you indeed are on 75%. Very strange. I will inform Dave about it... see if he can do omething..... :(

EDIT he knows, he knows 8)

Offline pmw
Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:06 pm Post 
OK Thanks. I appreciate that. I have no motivation to increase from 75% to 97% my safe :-?

Offline pmw
Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 pm Post 
I dont want to bother you guys too much but, can you somehow set my safe% back to 97%?

Offline Litro
Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:11 pm Post 
Why do you need it ? 75 is quite high rate and there is no prob to make 97 again with driving safe. :wink:

Offline pmw
Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:03 pm Post 
Well, you can't drive all cars with 75%. I'm not forcing anyone. It's not problem. I'm just tired to increase it, I just made it go from 85 to 97 when it dropped accidentaly(I clicked join game when track was chaning, thanks for lag). Not it dropped because of this, I'm just bored to this stuff.

I'm not mad if you don't like to set it back, no no, I'm ok with it.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:28 pm Post 
It's not so easy. Airio isn't designed for this. Need to be brought down and a text file based database needs to be altered.

I only can do that during the night or morning when it's very quiet.

Offline pmw
Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:33 pm Post 
Sounds pretty bloat. But, no pressures. It's not worlds important thing, but I appreciate if someone would like to do that.

Offline Skagen
Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:34 pm Post 
Quote:
It's not so easy. Airio isn't designed for this. Need to be brought down and a text file based database needs to be altered.

I only can do that during the night or morning when it's very quiet.

Just out of curiosity, is there no way of altering Airio-data by SQL querys? Or does it use a propritary database system?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:21 pm Post 
Like I said, it uses a text file database. Actually it's just a long list of data, seperated with line breaks.

It's being read into memory completely and getting saved every X seconds to harddisk or so.

Asked EQ Worry a couple of times to change it to SQLite or something else more advanced, but it's not so easy. And I understand that, it also is just someone with a hobby which got a little bit out of hand.

Offline Skagen
Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:44 pm Post 
Aha, I see that I need to read the earlier post more carefully :x

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:43 am Post 
No problem, this Airio / InSim thing is complex for most anyway so I understand. (f)

Offline pmw
Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:43 pm Post 
Oh man, did understand right, whole airio database is on one txt-file? If so, gosh, that really suck.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:14 pm Post 
It's not the best possible structure yes. But this Airio project started small. Who would have thought there would be a server environment which contained information of 16.000+ different racers and almost all cars and tracks? (even more cars if you consider the GT2/GT3/FJR options).

I didn't :x

Running into performance problems as well (again) but we will survive 8)

Offline pmw
Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 pm Post 
16.000+ different cars and stuff is not impossible to export to SQL-database. It should be done now before it's too late. This is just my opinion. I've seen lot of stuff like this. txt-file -databases are fucked up, not good idea. A lot of projects are like this, people start those with no skills but with good ideas. Then they realize, "why didnt I use *this* and *this* instead *this*?", and then they don't have time and motivation to change things.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 pm Post 
It's being exported all the time. This site is based on SQL data. But it's only being exported, Airio is not based internally on SQL(ite).

pmw wrote:
A lot of projects are like this, people start those with no skills but with good ideas. Then they realize, "why didnt I use *this* and *this* instead *this*?", and then they don't have time and motivation to change things.

Isn't this whole game based on that?

Offline pmw
Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm Post 
Yeah. And too bad LFS is going to die soon. If you check the serverlist, like, 15 biggest servers are demoservers. There are only few S2-servers which have more than 3 players online.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:25 am Post 
I personally don't think LFS going to die soon. What I do think is that this thread is dying because I downgraded Airio and this bug cannot occur anymore.

Therefor I also lock it (f)

[ 25 posts ]