agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:16 pm Post 
People often complain about GT2 being locked on S2 and even server being full at times. Here are a few ideas to make this server more popular. Feel free to comment or post your own.

First would be to set a time and date for people to gather in the GTR server. Kind of like an event but just for fun with regular server rules, saturday night at 8 for exemple.

Also giving more points or making it easier to increase your safety rating at peak hours for say 1 hour, just long enough to get people in and racing and not long enough for people to take abuse it.

Offline eXeYn
Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 pm Post 
The tough part will be to gather a reasonable number of drivers to drive and actually stay there.

I'd rather like to see these sorts of events on the S2 server. Something like twice a month the S2 server "becomes" the GTR server for 2 hours. Or even a different car type. And some months later based on the success you could move the event to the GTR server. But all of that sounds like a lot of work.

But without the layout of a league I would predict a rapid downfall in participation. Though I hope I'm wrong on that part.

Offline rageshgr
Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:40 pm Post 
Well I like Harvey's idea of like Saturday night GTR weekly event. Say medium length races between 20-60 min

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:39 pm Post 
Well I wasn't really thinking about any kind of special event. It's just that the server is empty because nobody races there and nobody joins because it's empty.

If there was a time and day where people would know that there would be people in or coming to the server, it would help make it more popular.

Offline rageshgr
Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:36 am Post 
ya thats like a mini-event, like every friday night there is a GTR race etc, as you said 'Kind of like an event" that is what I mean too. Not too serious. Just for fun :)

Offline sermilan
Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:28 pm Post 
any gtr event that is later than 9PM CET, I am interested :wink:

[ 6 posts ]