agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 43 posts ]
Offline UnknownMaster21
Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:55 am Post 
This is really my opinion about that... there is GTR server so block GTR cars from S2 and put them on GTR server...

Why it is that hard? Just my opinion and deal with it!

madness...

Offline UnknownMaster21
Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 am Post 
ups sorry, I found already thread about this discussion.... sorry :(

Offline OTone
Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:20 am Post 
Multiclass server mate. 8)

Offline fadeaway
Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 am Post 
UFR and XFR are also gtr cars :wink: O:)

Offline UnknownMaster21
Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:13 pm Post 
no problem if remove XF GTR and UF GTR also

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:32 pm Post 
Why don't you just say you want a full server for just reversedriving FZ 50's UM21 8)

Offline eXeYn
Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:41 pm Post 
Isn't that a second S1 server with FZ5 and RAC ...

Offline Ulmo
Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:43 pm Post 
please remove all the cars from s2 server ... O:)

Offline dadoml
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:02 pm Post 
Please shut the fuck up :lol:

Offline eXeYn
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:05 pm Post 
I'd rather suggest close the GTR server.
Get rid of every S1 car except the LX6 on the S2 server.
Add all GTR cars to the S2 server.

And what you get is:

S1 server with S1 cars plus STD. No change
S2 server with GTR and LRF (S2 cars except the LX6). No more TBO, STD (S1 server).
OW server as before.

The only overlapping cars are MRT and LX6.

Maybe rename the servers.
Maybe announce it in the current S2 and S1 server a few weeks before the change so everyone knows where to go.

But that's only a suggestion.

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:14 pm Post 
Only a suggestion??

Mate that's ..... like..... a total change of the world :D

Offline eXeYn
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:32 pm Post 
Never wanted a change of scene? :lol:

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:50 pm Post 
Yeah sure but.. you are takling about a new movie.. no... a theatre :wink:

But how about the S2 tracks that can't be raced on a S1 server?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:54 pm Post 
The problem with your proposal is the tracks.. TBO/STD can never drive on AS/KY/WE anymore and that is a step too far I think.

Offline eXeYn
Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 pm Post 
Hmm... guess this happens if you want to please everybody alike. S1 and S2. GTR lapping STD/UFB.

The only other option I see right now would be to alternate classes on a day/days/week base like boothy suggested in the other thread (just not single class). With current race lengths I don't see a problem with GT2 and TBO. Just those nasty mid-race joiner.

But this might be too much work and maybe prone to error.

Or start the experiment many want and disable all GTR cars in a week for a month and watch if GTR server can fill itself. Just like you did with Fernbay/South City. Just that the current S2 server would be a mirror of the S1 server with S2 tracks. And maybe undergo the rename plus advertising stuff:

S1 server as it is now for S1 drivers.
Current S2 server ---> S1 mirror server with S2 Tracks for S2 road drivers.
Current GTR server ---> GTR/LRF
OW server.

Dunno about LRF. Maybe even in both servers.
I guess UFB can be allowed on the mirror server while UFR being forbidden.
To fill the GTR server I suppose advertisement would be great. Maybe admins spamming a keybind whenever they want in the time before the change?
Also an increase of laps on the GTR server might be an option.

These are just ideas since I'm also not really happy about the current situation.

Edit:
Biggest problem might be administrating both servers in case they become full.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:52 pm Post 
eXeYn wrote:
Or start the experiment many want and disable all GTR cars in a week for a month and watch if GTR server can fill itself.

Already tried that last year... It was a week or almost a week...

People just don't do it... It's like now on SO.. Full server... Nobody can drive GT2 and they are just selecting other cars... Not moving.

But .. Eventually... One time.. There will be a way to do it :P

Offline BMW-gek
Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:49 pm Post 
Just keep the GT2's on the S2 server like it is now. And maybe we can get a admin right to keep a bad GT2 racer out of a GT2 on the S2 server.

For just the example, on the cruise server if you misbehave whiel playing a cop you can loose you're coprights. The admin types !cop- BMW-gek and I can't be a cop.
Same is for poor driving skills on a too fast car. Admins just place you in a lower car until you improve you're driving skills.

Offline sermilan
Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:14 pm Post 
@eXeYn - mate, I understand your point, but I think the best proposition is:
eXeYn wrote:
...start the experiment many want and disable all GTR cars in a week for a month and watch if GTR server can fill itself.

GT is not very welcome on S2, in fact it's more of a headache for organizers and the growing number of lower class drivers.

I am tired of lapping lower classes just as they are tired of us. Basically, I don't want to have dozens of slower cars in my way while racing GT, so the best solution would be to move to all new server with only GTRs (and NGT maybe).

Furthermore, I suggest not to experiment on that on limited time, but to do it permanently. That way, we'd know where to go when we want to race GTRs and we'd know we would be able to do it regardless of conns, tracks or the mood of the insim.

So if there is relatively small number of people on GTR server, just remember that usually there weren't more than 10 GT cars on S2 grid, so if we get to 10 racers on the server it would be just as it was on S2, only no moving chicanes this time ;).

And if GTR server never gets to be crowded enough.... well, f*** it, just let it die... GT has been struggling for breath for quite a lot of time now.

GT racing is for good, experienced drivers and many on S2 server nowadays just aren't.

Offline eXeYn
Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:33 pm Post 
Well if you view lower classes like this. I for instance like the idea of having to lap and getting lapped by different classes. For the same reason I like MoE, Super GT, 16h Race or whatever.

10 drivers. 3 NGT, 3 GT2, 4 GTR Hooray!

Offline BMW-gek
Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm Post 
Its not specific the GT2, now we don't have them most of the time on the track we have the same problems with the XFR/UFR on smaller tracks. Just watch a couple of tracks like SO6 and you see the slower classes get lapped and crash the XFR/UFR. After that most of the times they hit the bind button BLUE FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME PASS!!!!!!!!! or after the race a big fight about the blue flag rules. Wich doesn't help in my opinion.

I really think its better to explain inexperienced drivers what the rules are and how the best to act in that situation. Also you racers can do that without the admins. In the future we all got the benefit of clean racers. :thumb:

Offline sermilan
Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 pm Post 
eXeYn wrote:
10 drivers. 3 NGT, 3 GT2, 4 GTR Hooray!

You don't get much bigger GT grid on S2 anyway.

BMW-gek wrote:
Just watch a couple of tracks like SO6 and you see the slower classes get lapped and crash the XFR/UFR

And that is exactly what I don't want to have in my race.

Offline mike259
Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:15 am Post 
I think the way it's now but with a few small changes is the best set-up, the changes that I suggest is to have GT2 only on Aston, Westhill and Kyoto also if it's possible to have a experience limit like 4 or 500 (most crashes I've seen from GT2 drivers ware under 500ex). Like sermilan said the reason people don't go on GTR is because GT's are for experienced drivers and those who are go their team server. I am in favor of removing GT2 cars from S2 but not with the current amount of cars but the best thing to have is the promised car and to allow UF1 on S2 with no GT2 cars, that would be for me the best combination.
I don't think many will agree but this is my point of view.

All the best, mikey :D

Offline fadeaway
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm Post 
If you wan't to remove gtr from s2 server remove also fwd gtr to gtr server.. That even sounds logical when you look at cargame servers names: (S1, S2 and GTR). That way imo you will have big enough driver base to have both servers filled properly. If not, return gt2 class status before changes, and ignore whiners little more (yes, put gt2 back on fe and so).
The way things are right now.. gt2 is dead on s2 server, and it used to be so much fun racing there every night. There are too many limitations, tracks, number of conns etc.. i don't want to have to look at server status all the time to see number of connections, to see whether its not FE or SO track so i can race car that i like when i like. :honger:
The way things are now it feels to me (as gtr driver) like i have to adjust my free time to cargame server if i want to drive lfs. Cargame is lfs today. I rather won't drive at all than allow myself to feel like i have to drive lfs right now because i probably can't do it later, or to feel like i'm waisting my time when i come to server eager for little gt2 racing but i have to wait for track change or server to clear up, so basically in that case i'm LFSing but i'm not LFSing. :angry: That just don't work.

Offline Speedy J
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 pm Post 
Maybe it is possible ti agree here and now with a number of people to race at GTR server for a couple of nights and see if we can create a movement from S2 to GTR in that way. I can be the present admin/racer there.
Maybe that will give us 2 nice filled servers with joy for everyone

Just a wild idea since I am in a boring meeting now
lol.

Offline sermilan
Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:16 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Maybe it is possible ti agree here and now with a number of people to race at GTR server for a couple of nights and see if we can create a movement from S2 to GTR in that way.

Not a god idea IMO, once tried already as Dave said.

I am confident though that GTR server will get to life or at least that there is a good chance to. When R2R was practicing for MoE recently, their server was filled with racers and very soon we had a grid of 30 people racing GTR. 10 (good) racers would be enough for the start. If we manage to create good racing, there will be people coming to race. In 3 months time should be about 20 racers every night regularly.
That's just my opinion.

mike259 wrote:
...I suggest is to have GT2 only on Aston, Westhill and Kyoto...

It is already so and I share the same feeling with Fade about it.

Offline mike259
Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:27 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
It is already so

on Blackwood is allowed in the current set-up and I share the same feeling with Fade as well, also because I'm driving on cg when unrestricted was allowed and there weren't so many crashes but... :roll:

Offline franky.s
Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 am Post 
This is really my opinion about that... there is GTR server so block GTR cars from S2 and put them on GTR server...Why it is that hard? Just my opinion and deal with it!

no no and no

not fair that a some noobs can ruin it for the rest of us :angry: (not aimed at you)

Offline sermilan
Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:30 pm Post 
franky.s wrote:
not fair that a some noobs can ruin it for the rest of us (not aimed at you)

Mate, GTR is already semi-blocked on S2 and it's no fun any more. Let's move to that damn GTR server and resolve this once and for all.

I haven't been racing GT for a month or so, just because of that. It is practically impossible to have a decent GT2 race on S2 anymore. UM21 is right, for the wrong purposes though.

Let us f***** move to that server already and start racing GT cars with GT cars and without moaning moving chicanes, please (f)

The fact is that admins will keep limiting GT2 more and more, there is no will to reintroduce it properly on S2.

Offline Speedy J
Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
Let us f***** move to that server already

CU tonight then.

(someone has got to redirct the beginners to S1 or S2 or we get complaints about the same about the GTR server :devil: )

Offline sermilan
Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:57 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
CU tonight then.

I will drop by, but don't wanna be hotlapping there if I'm the only one.

Offline Speedy J
Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:24 pm Post 
Demands demands demands.

Are you a woman?

9 connections now, I hope it will be busier later on.

Offline franky.s
Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:41 pm Post 
:zzz:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:46 pm Post 
Mjeh... Hmm ... >20 connections now...

I have a new idea I think...

Lower the amount of possible connections to the S2 server when there are more people on the GTR server. Dynamic.

Offline fadeaway
Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:51 pm Post 
One suggestion Dave.. fzr is too fast in gtr class (especially in sprint races that are on cargame servers) so i think you should consider putting fzr restriction of 10kg ballast + 1% intake restriction, which is common in leagues now (super GT, MoE 24h race), to make gtr cars more even (f)

Offline sermilan
Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:05 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Demands demands demands.

I'm not demanding anything, just stating what I think.
Speedy J wrote:
Are you a woman?

Was this really necessary? :huh:

Offline UnknownMaster21
Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 am Post 
fadeaway wrote:
One suggestion Dave.. fzr is too fast in gtr class (especially in sprint races that are on cargame servers) so i think you should consider putting fzr restriction of 10kg ballast + 1% intake restriction, which is common in leagues now (super GT, MoE 24h race), to make gtr cars more even

I unsupport this, so -1

So you are unable to drive anywhere the unrestricted FZ50 GTR in multiplayer?... absolutely cargame.nl should keep it as unrestricted

Offline Speedy J
Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:36 am Post 
sermilan wrote:
Was this really necessary? :huh:

I was just trying to make a joke :oops: (f)

Offline Skagen
Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:40 am Post 
fadeaway wrote:
One suggestion Dave.. fzr is too fast in gtr class (especially in sprint races that are on cargame servers) so i think you should consider putting fzr restriction of 10kg ballast + 1% intake restriction, which is common in leagues now (super GT, MoE 24h race), to make gtr cars more even

I think the fact that MoE was dominated by XR2s indicates the MoE restriction didn't balance the cars, but made the FZ2 a slower choice. If the MoE restrictions for FZ2 was more competitive, maybe we would seen more FZ2s in this years MoE. :huh:

Offline Derohk
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:22 pm Post 
i think you guys saying get rid of stuff need to go find a spec racing server :) just my opinion though ^_^

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:30 pm Post 
Skagen, he is not talking about GT2 class.

But, I am not considering restricting anything. It's like FXO, faster car but less easy to control. I think Scawen made those differences on purpose.

With restrictions its also not possible to hotlap anymore online for LFSW and I think thats not good, so thats why.

Offline franky.s
Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:37 pm Post 
Skagen wrote:
I think the fact that MoE was dominated by XR2s indicates the MoE restriction didn't balance the cars, but made the FZ2 a slower choice. If the MoE restrictions for FZ2 was more competitive, maybe we would seen more FZ2s in this years MoE.

actualy, before LowLandLions (now Western Wolves) had they pit problems and time out they were dominating gt1 in fzr. Also 3id won gt1 class with a fzr

Offline Derohk
Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:42 pm Post 
franky.s wrote:
actualy, before LowLandLions (now Western Wolves) had they pit problems and time out they were dominating gt1 in fzr. Also 3id won gt1 class with a fzr

notive his posts say FZ2 not FZR franky :)

Offline franky.s
Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:37 pm Post 
god damn :oops:

[ 43 posts ]