agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 2  [ 53 posts ]
Offline BlueEyedDevil
Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 am Post 
hi

eh het valt mij/ons op dat zins die nieuwe banen er zijn dat er steeds minder racers in server zijn,
als je het mij/ons vraagt komt het puur door die nieuwe banen omdat ze erg kut zijn en ook nog eens zonder racelijn.
volgens mij/ons zou het een goed idee zijn om die banen er zo snel mogelijk weer uit tehalen.
want eerst reden er minimaal 15racers nu nog niet eens de helft en dat is geen bal aan.

ps, als die banen er in blijven stuur dan speedy of bmw-gek de baan op met blik groeneverf en een kwast om de lijnen uittezetten. :D

hi
We noticed that since the new track layouts are used on CG there are less and less racers in the server.
If you ask us, it's because the new tracks suck and there is no raceline.
We think it would be a good idea to get these tracks out of the server asap.
Because there used to be 15 racers minimum and now it's not even half of that and that's no fun.

PS If you wanna keep the tracks, send Speedy or BMW-gek on track wit a can of green paint to paint the raceline.

mvg BlueEyedDevil & Michelle

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:06 am Post 
Erm...

For this time I will translate it but please use english in this forum (f)

hi
We noticed that since the new track layouts are used on CG there are less and less racers in the server.
If you ask us, it's because the new tracks suck and there is no raceline.
We think it would be a good idea to get these tracks out of the server asap.
Because there used to be 15 racers minimum and now it's not even half of that and that's no fun.

PS If you wanna keep the tracks, send Speedy or BMW-gek on track wit a can of green paint to paint the raceline.

Offline Jenk
Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:13 am Post 
Personally I enjoy the new tracks. As a late-comer to LFS, I feel it resets the balance a bit. On the standard tracks, we have many drivers who know the race-lines so well they could probably complete the lap with their eyes closed, with the perfect setups. On new tracks everyone is starting a fresh. :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 am Post 
The answer will be no.

I do not see a raceline @Zandvoort or Assen do you?

In fact there are going to be a bit more new track layouts to be introduced.

The problem is that the same layout is being revoted too often, going to fix that. Other then that everything is fine.

There is no drop in popularity too, this graph isn't different from all the other weeks.

There is some shift to the s1 server though. Mainly because I limited the usage of RB4/FXO for newcomers earlier this week. Previously you needed no points for this class. Now you need 150.

Offline BlueEyedDevil
Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:31 pm Post 
lol on zandvoort you also cant jus shifts when you crash.so delete shifts also from the server :D (joking offcourse)

but its not only me guys that otherwise always race in s2 are now on amg motorsport or other on servers.
beguase they dont like the new tracks, sure some are fine 2 or 3 i think but the most suck.
and say for yourself there not many racers anymore since the new tracks are there, 1 + 1 = 2 :)

i have and idea make a poll on the site and let the racers voted for it

Offline Litro
Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:38 pm Post 
some are fine 2 or 3 i think but the most suck.

I agree about this.
P.S. Dave, what does that chart shows?

Offline mike259
Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:00 pm Post 
the new tracks suck

no, u suck at them, the only bad thing I see is that some new corners don't have an apex other than that they are brilliant buut if u don't want to change anything in in your LFS experience there is a place for that :wink:

Offline Litro
Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:18 pm Post 
FE11 reversed T1 is nightmare.

Offline mike259
Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:48 pm Post 
yeah but as the apexes that is something only devs can fix.

Offline Skagen
Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:51 am Post 
It's alot of fun with new tracks, it really is. But most of these new tracks avilable on the S2 server is more suited for the road cars and go-karts rather than GTs. And on the GTR server, all the proper GT tracks tracks are missing:

KY2, KY2R, KY3, KY3R, AS3, AS3R, AS4, AS4R, AS5, AS5R, AS6, AS6R, AS7, AS7R

PS. Voting a random track, and ending the race with Shift+X doesn't either make all the tracks available.

Offline Cornys
Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:04 pm Post 
I don't enjoy the new tracks simply for the fact that they aren't LFSworld material. I love going on there and checking my best times on cars/tracks and trying to improve upon this in the Cargame server. I can no longer do this though as well due to the fact that half the time it's on autocros layouts (more or less) and my times won't benefit me as far as EX rating (correct me if I'm wrong) or for my online PB's on LFSworld.

I could do without the racing line, but it's this that I don't like at all in the new tracks.. Plus some of the cars aren't exactly made to race on the new tracks anyways.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm Post 
Cornys wrote:
and my times won't benefit me as far as EX rating (correct me if I'm wrong)

Not yet.

Cornys wrote:
I love going on there and checking my best times on cars/tracks and trying to improve upon this in the Cargame server.

Mnah, you can just check your times here O:)

Offline mtrein
Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:33 pm Post 
The raceline should actually be banned. Is there a way, Dave? This is a simulation, for crying out loud :)

I never use it. It is like racing in the uk with an 'L' on your car. Terrible :P

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 pm Post 
Seven mosquito bites on your underarm.. Thats terrible.

But no it can't be blocked (wouldn't have done it anyway if it was possible ;) )

Offline mtrein
Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:18 am Post 
doh :duh:

:beer:

Offline Inouva
Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm Post 
There is allways a race line on oc, how is posible that he didn't see it? :fp:

Offline Litro
Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:24 pm Post 
Forced cockpit remove racing line on normal tracks, as i know.

Offline Inouva
Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:05 am Post 
i was talking about the mental race line, if you have "common" sense to take a apex you know then where is the race line

Offline Speedy J
Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:14 am Post 
Knowing when to brake and how hard to brake is a bigger challenge for most. Since raceline shwos that also I think it's usefull on a full multiclass server where everyone (in principle) is welcome.

Offline Tooth
Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 am Post 
Litro wrote:
Forced cockpit remove racing line on normal tracks, as i know.

No. You can still select racing line via pressing 4. Raced on demo alot on forced cockpit servers :) It helps alot on endurance races (Eventhough I dont use them) But reading all the comments and from my personal experience it should of not excisted at the first place. Pointless :=)
Speedy J wrote:
Since raceline shwos that also I think it's usefull on a full multiclass server where everyone (in principle) is welcome.

Its only useful if your totally new to LFS or to the track. If you dont know any part of it. Than YES, it is useful. But on real world you have to test your boudaryes, just to get to know them. But we dont have people like that, as Litro demonstrated very well, via driving the wrong way at some KY track :)

Offline Litro
Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:51 am Post 
Tooth wrote:
No. You can still select racing line via pressing 4. Raced on demo alot on forced cockpit servers

Then maybe I've other version of LFS or you havent been on one of these servers.
I tried to make my own server today with forced and...
"Force cockpit view : racing line display is not available"

Offline boothy
Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 am Post 
Litro wrote:

"Force cockpit view : racing line display is not available"

You're correct, LOMP is wrong :D

Offline Nicce
Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:58 am Post 
only (raceline) i miss on OpenConfigs is the black tyre line (aka cornerline) that lfs generates after a few laps.
when that is done on OC im happy. havent been following the green line since i started with lfs.

bad thing with forced cockpit view is that it removes the -custom incar views- some ppl are using -i´m one of them.-

Offline Inouva
Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Knowing when to brake and how hard to brake is a bigger challenge for most. Since raceline shwos that also I think it's usefull on a full multiclass server where everyone (in principle) is welcome.

Is not hard to know the brake distance of all cars, a normal road car ( xfg, xrg ) needs start to brake at 100m, TBO need 150/125m, lx4/6 need 100m, Fz5 need 170-150m, mini gtr ( UFR/XFR ) 100-80m, GT2 need 100m and single seater 75-80m

those values are when you are at "Full" speed, with less speed you have to reduce by 25-30m for the brake point

That why i was saying that is really importan the distance signs on the OC

Offline mtrein
Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:17 pm Post 
It's weird how some people find it so easy to brake for corners but so difficult to brake for other cars :roll:

Offline Nicce
Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 pm Post 
mtrein wrote:
It's weird how some people find it so easy to brake for corners but so difficult to brake for other cars :roll:

indeed (f)

pressed the wrong button btw..
so the report isnt right on Mtrain. just wanted to point that out.

Offline Tooth
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:53 am Post 
boothy wrote:
You're correct, LOMP is wrong

Saywhaat? IMO ive always been able to select race line, even on forced cockpit view. :)

Offline Litro
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:55 am Post 
Forced by LFS of forced by other drivers? :D

Offline Tooth
Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:39 am Post 
Litro wrote:
Forced by LFS of forced by other drivers?

By LFS :D

Offline kiyoshi
Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 pm Post 
I love the new layouts - something fresh in LFS and the best thing about a new track is LEARNING to drive it quickly. I though that was the whole point? :)

It is frustrating that some will always crash at a new corner, but at least then you know who to avoid. :)
Also, I didn't realise anyone used that green line.

Offline Litro
Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:48 pm Post 
kiyoshi wrote:
Also, I didn't realise anyone used that green line.

At least 80 % use this, with that you can easier see where to brake, but it's better that you don't use it, because in real life there are not this. :D

Offline Rolly
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:12 pm Post 
first of all i agree with others that the new tracks are ace. Dave has refined some (pitlane exits etc) which has improved them. Yes some kerbs are a bit OTT but hey this is racing.... do you want nice smooth tracks with no bumps and 3 mile run off area- well if you want that then go play F1 especially these new tracks... to clinical for me.... if your a true racer then you love the challenge of driving fast round a track with bitch kerbs and odd bumps and cambers... this to me adds spice to racing (exciting) so come on guys ... dont complain at these new tracks , at least we have some alternative racing while scawen completes the 2050 update. (I'll be dead by then)......... Dave keep making em and I'll keep racing them... BTW there is a voting system and it seems the majority want to race them.

Lastly.... no-one should be using F4 to see a racing line... when you come to the s2 server you should be a compitent driver...... Learn the track using your brain and common sense not some gimik to help you.... bloody hell if you need F4 to race then ask Sabina Shmitt to take you round so you can sit in the back and do your knitting.....

Rant over

I thankyou

Rolly
aka
Ian

Offline Obmit
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 pm Post 
+1
Well said Rolly.
I couldn't agree more.

Offline Rolly
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 pm Post 
cheers m8.... had to be said :o

Offline Jenk
Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:19 am Post 
I think you've missed the point. I'd rather those who do not know their brake points etc. use F4 to see where they should be braking from, so that they are not crashing into other drivers. When I started driving (let alone racing) in LFS, I didn't have a clue where the braking points should be, and I wasn't prepared to spend x hours in single player on my own, because that is hideously dull. I used F4 so I wouldn't spoil other people's fun. After a while you settle into your own race line on a track and don't need F4.

But all this F4 talk is moot anyway, given this is a topic about the open-layout tracks which don't have F4 line :D

Offline Speedy J
Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:43 am Post 
Rolly wrote:
no-one should be using F4 to see a racing line...

:oops: O:)

Offline xzu
Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:54 am Post 
there's a show racing line button? :fp:

Offline sermilan
Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:07 am Post 
xzu wrote:
there's a show racing line button? :fp:

Naaaahh.... I didn't see it either :wink:

Offline Rolly
Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 pm Post 
You dont need F4 period on the new track layouts. Why- because after the first initial 1 or 2 laps you should know were the new turns are... the rest of the track you will already be/should familiar with..... If the track layout is new then I brake a bit early and then gauge how much more or less i will need when i come round to that bend again....... The accidents that do happen is usually when its the first time for a driver on a new track combo which is expected... but after the first lap you should know what corner and approx were to brake.... its not rocket science......... :woop: :roflol:

Offline Jenk
Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:53 pm Post 
And for those who don't understand it? Or don't learn as quickly as you do? You'd rather they continued to crash around the track and wreck lots of other drivers?

Personally, I'd prefer they become better drivers, and if F4 helps them get there, or at least helps them get there quicker, so be it.

No, it's not rocket science, but then something rather meaningless and simple to me might not be so easy for you.

Offline sermilan
Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:39 pm Post 
Rolly wrote:
If the track layout is new then I brake a bit early and then gauge how much more or less i will need when i come round to that bend again.

Correct way of thinking! :thumb:
Guys that drive with racing line should gradually try to go according to your advice. There are plenty of markers beside the track to help determine the right braking spot.
So, my advice for them is to follow your advice! :P

Offline Rolly
Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:41 pm Post 
as i am also a Jedi Knight i am able to use the force :woop:

Offline mtrein
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:27 pm Post 
You too?

We really should gather and sort out this new 'Sith' menace 8)

Offline Derohk
Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:05 am Post 
i think they are hilariously fun :) of course i love technical tracks not OMG FULL THROTTLE ALL THE TIME tracks like AS and WE and BL1 <(lame tracks) but im very partial to AU and BL CP layouts but there are too many impatient/ignorant people in the server for that kind of street circuit-esque tightness

:honger:

Offline rageshgr
Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:59 am Post 
Interesting discussion, I personally like F4 racing line. I use it to learn tracks, there are 940 track/car combos so difficult to learn all beforehand. Although I think if you learn a track in one car, it will help you learn the track in another car. F4 may be bad as it may spoil you, but in the context of a MCR server, I think it is best for the community as a whole to have F4 rather than everyone late breaking and suiciding into Turn1. I too have missed having the racing line in custom tracks, but the feeling of satisfaction you get when you get a good or "great lap" after learning the track by yourself within a few laps is great. Take A11, its a hoot!

Coming to racers leaving server, I am not sure about the stats, but personally I think selecting BL will make most of us disconnect, much more than selecting any custom layouts. One day one CG member exclaimed jovially, "Why this track? If you want BL go to demo server :(", lol, I completely agree with him, In fact I think BL can be removed in S2 server. But hey that is just me, there may be people who like BL. But BL is too cliched, and too small, class1 gets lapped twice. But I think that wont happen as Dave disabled GT2 there. The track is too narrow and the back Esses will punish you if u stray away from racing line, so incidents like fast cars ramming slow cars and lapped cars blocking fast cars, are more in BL. And like how Dave mentioned about these small tracks never being designed for GT2, I have a feeling BL was never designed for any kind of fast car over 150 BHP. Probably we can limit BL to use only class 1 and class 2/2+. there. But that would become same as S1 I guess.

But as such, I have no complains with the status quo. I can live with BL and I can live with having no racing line in custom layouts.

Offline eXeYn
Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:55 pm Post 
I enjoy racing on Blackwood since I never touched the Demo. It would be a huge loss for me if it gets removed especially when a few decide to have fun races in XFG. With the new B11 layout I don't even mind getting overtaken twice by GT2. The only tricky part is the chicane after the long straight. But that's no different than all the other chicanes on other tracks.

What do you mean with too narrow rageshgr? It's not like Aston of course but there is more than enough space for side by side driving in corners.

Offline Nicce
Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:21 pm Post 
btw.. why isnt the AS29 aka GT2WS round 1 track added in the airo lists on cargames ??
its a great track ! :thumb:

Offline Speedy J
Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:00 pm Post 
eXeYn wrote:
It would be a huge loss for me if it gets removed especially when a few decide to have fun races in XFG.

+1

But I don't see any reason why BL should disappear anyway...

If one track could ne nominated by me to be removed it would be FE3(R). Always mayhem but well, that's got it's good ide as well (as a spectator :wink: )

Offline Jenk
Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:09 pm Post 
I'd have thought you'd nominate KY3(R) to be removed :p

Offline Speedy J
Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:25 pm Post 
:lol:

YEAH!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next