agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 2 of 2  [ 53 posts ]
Offline rageshgr
Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:10 am Post 
eXeYn wrote:
What do you mean with too narrow rageshgr

Not all corners, but the back Esses, especially the last up hill corner and to some extend the last but one downhill corner, even though not narrow theoretically are a recipe for disaster when fast and slow cars approach it together, big cars and small cars always crash with each other there. Because those corners really upset the car balance when you stray away from racing line. But as I said I don't mind having BL. But I _don't_ want to remove custom tracks as requested in OP, just coz they don't have racing line

Offline rageshgr
Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:01 am Post 
eXeYn wrote:
What do you mean with too narrow rageshgr?

It is not narrow per se, but the backend Esses, especially the last corners (one downhill, one uphill) will upset the car if you stray away from racing line. So many crashes between fast and slow cars happen there. But as I said I don't mind having BL, but I _don't_ want the custom tracks removed just coz they don't have racing lines.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:25 am Post 
Nicce wrote:
btw.. why isnt the AS29 aka GT2WS round 1 track added in the airo lists on cargames ??
its a great track ! :thumb:

You mean A62? ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73903 )

It has no Airio path support (see last column in that topic table thingie). So there is no detection if you are on the track or not, and no WR timing support.

I decided a long time ago that tracks for that reason are not interesting to run on the server.

Primarily because;

rageshgr wrote:
I too have missed having the racing line in custom tracks, but the feeling of satisfaction you get when you get a good or "great lap" after learning the track by yourself within a few laps is great.

That also isn't happening.

So if you really want that track you have to motivate EQ Worry to start doing some of his magic stuff again. (Is he demotivated? Yes he is).

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2