agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 23 posts ]
Offline Snightlo
Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:15 pm Post 
Hey guys
I had the Idea of an Endurance Server, which could be added or replace the GTR server(as it didnt seemed to be used a lot)

The Idea is to run there 30min races with the typical endurance cars, GT1/GT2/NGT. And the tracks would depend on the next track to drive in IGTC/MoE/GTAL or single Events like 16hs.

That would give the participating Teams the chance to practice with other Drivers on the Track, so it would be more Fun then driving alone and it would be an opportunity for everybody else to drive some endurance races on a daily basis without beeing in a League.

What do you guys think about that?

Offline Skagen
Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:42 pm Post 
Yes, I've been thinking much the same thing about the GTR server. I don't know if LFS allows race time less than one hour, but any race from 30 minutes and up would be fun. I guess Airio should allow for, say, 50 minutes races, with 10 minutes brakes between each. If races restart at each hour, it would be easy to know when the next race will begin.

Offline mike259
Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:22 am Post 
I like the idea but not replacing GTR, if it ware to be made it should be like an events server but this is just talk from those who still play which is not many and will b even less if santa Scawen doesn't come, again...

Offline Rolly
Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:37 pm Post 
sounds good

Offline Skagen
Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:48 pm Post 
mike259 wrote:
I like the idea but not replacing GTR

Why not? I understand that Cargame would like to offer it as an alternative. But there is no one racing there. It would be of no loss to anyone, so what good use is it?
If this type of server could generate some more racing, that would only be positive.

Offline sermilan
Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:53 pm Post 
I like the idea too :)

Offline fadeaway
Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:38 pm Post 
Skagen wrote:
It would be of no loss to anyone

Shure, than i will hotlap on amg rotasport, no problem for me :wink: :roll:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:53 pm Post 
GTR server will not be removed, I am in no way forced to do that anyway. I have no server limit or something (well, Airio does with a max of 6 licensed servers).

I on purpose do not want to open too many servers because giving people too much choice is not good. People cannot handle choices :D

But I think it's not a bad idea to release a training server again for the public but I have some special thoughts about that. It needs to be open but not to all to begin with (high !rate, !rank and or !ex limit I think) and midjoining must not be allowed.

Offline BMW-gek
Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:43 pm Post 
Any consideration of organisation a little league ourself?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:50 pm Post 
Not by me. I have no time for that. (It takes more time then you think).

And that is a special culture anyway.

Offline Nicce
Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:16 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
begin with (high !rate, !rank and or !ex limit I think) and midjoining must not be allowed.

:thumb:

Offline Snightlo
Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:02 am Post 
i like the diea of the scheduled races to every full hour with breaks, which would be needed after the longer races.
Managing a League comes with some serious work, as I could tell you from my experiences.

As there is actualy the ney LFS Super GT League coming up, maybe that would be a good point to start at. Giving Peoples the Chance to drive the GT300 in some races and the GT500 Drivers to get used to lap them. And as there is allready a big Number of Sign Ups to that League will could have a lot of potential Drivers.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:07 am Post 
The restrictions are different from their Airio counterparts for that league. That immediately gives problems because I am not going to change/agree with that.

GT3 has +1%, FXR even has +2%

And FZR is restricted in the unrestricted version ( :lol: )

But, of course you will be allowed to train with (more) restriction.

Offline Snightlo
Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:50 am Post 
ah Okay I can see what the Problem is, but this looks like small differences.

Offline -Joske-
Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:40 am Post 
We have a very good S1 and S2 server, and the Demo is sometimes busy. So that is quit okay. The GTR, OW and OT are almost empty all the time. I think you have to make the GTR + OW server back again like a half year ago. And to make it interesting, you can maby do automatic at 18.30 UTC a practise and 19.00 Qual for about 25 min, and after that the race start for about 45 min orso with 1 pitstop. And every day there will be another track for the qual and race, but for the other 22 hours it will be just like normal. Anyway, I,am not sure if something like that easy is to make. But it will be much more interesting for a lot of drivers. At least I think you have to make the GTR and OW back again like GTR + OW. I always see a few people on the GTR and also on the OW on the same time. But if you have those on the same server, it is more busy and more people will join than. Its likes on the S1 / S2 than, but only with other cars.

And maby the OT is good for Endurance training. (OT are now also on the S2) And maby a good idea to make on lfs or cargame forum a topic about the Endurance training to post a few days for the real race to do some test races on our server.

So than you have 5 servers they are different and interesting because its different than the most servers on lfs.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:59 am Post 
OT is empty because it's a locked server right now, just for myself and I. :lol:

S2, S1, GTR, OW stays the same until at least the end of this year.

But I'm willing to do something special for the league trainers / endurance racers. But it also involves a little programming, keep bugging me about it. If I realize there is demand for it, I'm capable of doing amazzziingggg stuff :fp: :D

Offline Skagen
Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 pm Post 
This is how I plan to convince Dave into making that endurance server:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... QiLw#t=29s

Offline Snightlo
Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 pm Post 
seems like a Masterplan, u better gave up Dave, no way u can say no without serious :angry:
so better say :thumb:
so we all can :beer: and :woop:

Offline Nicce
Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:10 pm Post 
fadeaway wrote:
Shure, than i will hotlap on amg rotasport, no problem for me :wink: :roll:

if needed for private HL server with full Airo support.. I can arrange that for u my friend. :)

On topic.. IF u make this Dave can u make sure the !rt for driving will be more strict than on cgs2 with gt´s ??
lets say 95%.?

Offline fadeaway
Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:41 pm Post 
tnx, if Dave kills gtr server i know who to look for :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:45 am Post 
Skagen wrote:
This is how I plan to convince Dave into making that endurance server:

Thanksgiving! :honger: :honger:

Can't hardly wait 8)

Quote:
November 24, 2011 (USA and Leiden, Netherlands)

Leiden? Wtf? Mhahaha :fp:

Offline gearcem
Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:06 pm Post 
hi

If you would like to compete with you if you need to drive the team

sry for language ım using google translate :D

Offline UnknownMaster21
Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:57 am Post 
I have endurance layout also :D

Sorry for the bump, but I think this should be made :) I'm in

[ 23 posts ]