agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 3 of 4  [ 183 posts ]
Offline scoot11
Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:29 pm Post 
i will also use famous template :lol:

yeey! i'm first! so, how can i get my S1? :honger: :D my licence is scoot11 :wink:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:09 am Post 
Sorry... I clicked the wrong link @ordering...

Quote:
Shit!

Ordered the wrong voucher... Can this one be pulled and can I get a S1 voucher in return?

On 1-11-2010 1:01, LFS Tech wrote:
> Hello cargame.nl,
>
> Thank you for purchasing this LFS S1 -> S2 upgrade voucher.

You guys need to wait now before I clear this stupid mistake. Goddamn fock... Great weekend :fp: :dood:

Offline scoot11
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:10 am Post 
what? i don't understand?

edit: i already use it!

and its working!

i'm now S1 licenced driver

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:11 am Post 
See PM

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 am Post 
scoot11 wrote:
i already use it!

and its working!

i'm now S1 licenced driver

Huh? Weird... It's a S1 -> S2 code according to the mail :roll:

Alright.. Probably it doesn't matter what is being ordered then.

I've send another mail to LFS that they can ignore my first one 8)

Offline scoot11
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 am Post 
thank you very much!

cargame.nl the best!

best regards

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:22 am Post 
:D

Sunny has his voucher code now too.

Offline sunny
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 am Post 
our voucher code has been accepted and your account has been upgraded to S1 licensed racer (see the "drivers license" in the top-right corner of this website).

Thanks a lot !!! :woop:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 am Post 
:thumb:

Sadly the S1 servers only are populated during the day but it's quite nice then. Did some races today too :yes:

Offline Si Mclaren
Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:20 pm Post 
The !lp table doesnt was reset? I still have 547 points without race this month, and scoot11 (the last month winner) is showed as demo user...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:45 pm Post 
The table has been reset, it's using the data from 1/Nov/2010 0:00h

Si Mclaren wrote:
race this month, and scoot11 (the last month winner) is showed as demo user...

Yeah, people who upgrade their account while being indexed already, are not checked again for changes.

I'm thinking about changing that in the future but for now I do it manually. It's too much traffic to the LFS site for continuously checking if licenses are changed.

I mailed the LFS developer for a better solution but no cooperation from that side at the moment. (Pretty weird because I have to use far more bandwidth to check what kind of cars everyone is driving to determine license status now).

Offline Si Mclaren
Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:05 pm Post 
Just a question, why im not in the table? I completed 3 races today and arent at table...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 pm Post 
You are...

Page2;

Si mclaren
4 Nov 23:44
demo

Offline Si Mclaren
Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:19 pm Post 
I think that i know what was, i only had 3 races, now i have 4 and appeared... But thanks for reply :yes:

porshe 911
Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:39 pm Post 
when the next season starts? :D
how can i join in this competition? :honger:

Offline Litro
Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 pm Post 
It starts on next month, 0:00 UTC+1/GMT+1. Just drive on server cargame.nl S0 :thumb:

porshe 911
Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:23 pm Post 
what is the times of races? how many race will be held?
sorry about my unlimited questions 8)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:45 pm Post 
Every time of the day and as many races you can possibly do (if you finish bad, your points just do not increase or barely).

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:00 pm Post 
All of a sudden the top5 is completely different? Amazing :o 8)

Offline fre2
Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:14 pm Post 
y, because there was 2 faster drivers than me ( fre2 ) and cuprum, so, they keep winning us, so they get morer points for just winning us. they started to drive - i think from last sunday - but I and cuprum drived active all month, so they changed anything. and i`m angry with that... :fp:

Offline delta s4
Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:15 am Post 
yep, i know the felling of that, thats why i stopped, i knew i didnt have a chance of winning this month, i know langpascal from AA, and dam, hes very very fast

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:47 am Post 
Hhmm how to overcome this behaviour?

Splitting the wins in one voucher every other week?

Choosing two days in a month for a voucher win, at random, and don't notify the exact time until 24h before?

Dunno.. :roll:

Offline Litro
Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:26 am Post 
Yes, really unfortunate that, langpaskal went here.. cuprum was very active whole month and obvious that he got nice progress there - months ago he can do only 34:1* laps, but now 33.49 :thumb: But now some days before the end there comes langpaskal and push cuprum out of the TOP 2, drivers what get s1. Pity situation :(

Offline fre2
Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:33 pm Post 
Litro, me and cuprum was active whole month, but he was little highter with points, i was 2nd until when pascal and wadey9 started to drive.
I think that will be better if u choose two days in month randomly that no one knows when do u give it to someone, but say it in last 24h

So, that means that u can start drive in last week, and easily win voucher.

Offline Speedy J
Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:24 pm Post 
Maybe think out a formula which contains:

- driven laps (20%)
- average time (10%)
- best time (30%)
- increased or decreased safety (10%)
- ladder (30%)

In a certain month.

Winner = (lapsx0,2)x(avgx0,1)x(bestx0,3)x(safx0,1)x(lpx0,3)

This means the overall good and solid drivers have the biggest chance...

Or something like that?

Offline fre2
Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:43 pm Post 
I can win it driving fair and fast, without winning? something like that?

Edit: '' We have all rights anyway 8) '' (it`s from 1st post) i like this sentence so much :coke:

Offline wadey
Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:14 am Post 
I really didn't plan on getting involved, but after seeing these 2 so called "fair racers" moan about how someone is taking "their" S1 licenses, I had to chime in. How to overcome this behavior? Really unfortunate that Pascal came to S0 server? Dav, as the admin I would expect a more realistic approach from you. Both cuprum and fre2 are some of the lamest and worst drivers around, and why someone would even consider them to deserve or even be entitled to a reward is beyond me. They will literally drive 95 % of the race distance hoping that someone takes out the leader (me in this case) or that he screws up somehow, and after this doesn't happen, they will go to spectators just so you wouldn't get any points off them.

After spending 3-4 times as much required races driving alone or against no one to gather some points and become a threat to them, they will start insulting you (telling you that you stink and just generally use your nickname enough times to constitute flooding), after this they will start inviting their friends to try and take you out of races by crashing.

After all this fails, as it did this month, they will quietly give up on racing, actually finish some races to try and seem "fair" and then go moan in the forum while presenting themselves as victims. Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the licenses went to the Latvian demo community of which Litro seems to be the CG supporter. So, either call this "monthly-free-S1-for-latvians" or start asking for the other side of the story. I mean really, Pascal doesn't deserve S1 because he's fast and didn't have to do as many races as these two talentless idiots who drive only against people who are slower than them? (and if they missjudge the speed of their competition they just don't finish races)

Please, don't take my word for it. Let's look at some evidence, here's several replays in support of their behavior described above.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EI2UFGWL

1. & 2. replay:

As most of these replays, this is from a while ago when both cuprum and fre2 had more points than me and every time I would look for them online to race and maybe get some points, they would drive almost up to the last lap and then join the spectators so I wouldn't get anything. I'm just sorry I didn't remember to start saving replays before, as there were NUMEROUS examples of this before these replays.

3. replay:

Following their experience of racing against me and not being able to win, fre2 tries to inlist a friend of his in the following chatlines:

Quote:
fre2: Dzigys - kad wazza brauc boksos, brauc aiz vina, un uztaisi vinam DT (Dzigys - when wazza come in boxes, run behind him and Make him DT)
fre2: Dzigys - saprati plaanu? (Dzigys - plan you understand?)

Nothing came of this plan, but for someone who's now crying about how it's unfair that they got removed from the top of the chart after driving fairly for the whole month it sure shows another side.

4. replay:

More of the spectating.

5. replay:

Cuprum wins the previous race and goes to spec (guerrilla warfare) while I pretend to be AFK and wait for the race to restart. When he saw I wasn't in the race, he joined.. but so did I. He gets crashed at start and goes to spec.. maybe the only justified reason to go to spec and if there wasn't for the start and waiting to see if I'm in the race I would've left this one out. However, he pulled this game of cat and mouse too many times before (waiting for me to go offline, then quickly joining the server and starting a race only so he could finish first).

insults replay:

fre2's friend flex (Noxx-2 license) comes in and starts insulting me and another guy on the server (we were in spectators). This replay is just an intro into what happened in the next one.

6. replay:

I join the race because fre2 is in it (at this point he still had more points than me) and flex is there too. At the start flex slows down intentionally to let me through and then aims for a nice crash in T1. If he wasn't that incompetent he would've hit me head on, but this way I just got stopped in the corner and he took out his buddy fre2. All laugh and join the spec. Then the following lines in latvian are exchanged (tnx google translate):

Quote:
Noxx-2: nesanâca (did not work out)
fre2: nakamreiz vinu nocrasho :D (no, crash him next time :D)

7. replay:

This one is right after the 6th and the plotting between them continues. First fre2 tells flex to start last (so he can aim for a better crash). When you watch the replay and read the following it's all pretty clear.

Quote:
fre2: tu pedejais :D (You go last :D)
Noxx-2: bla vins prieksa (blah, he something - i.e. I was not where he thought I'd be.)
Noxx-2: bus gruti (it will be difficult - To crash me..)
Noxx-2: paosti formulai zem spoilera,ostîtâj... (something about me having formula spoilers on the car because he can't catch me)

He can't catch up by T1 on the first lap so he pits and takes a new car as I'm starting lap 4, this is where he aims for a crash in Turn 3 but again he's too far away and misses (disconnects right after).

Now, if you really want to fix your server so that it's fair for everyone you need to do the following. Going to spectate and robbing people of points has to stop, this can be done only in one way: by taking away the ability to gather points after a number of DNF's has been achieved. Best explained on the example of cuprum/fre2. If these two didn't finish more than let's say 2 races in a day/week, the system should not give them any more points for finishing any other race that day/week. Two DNF's would secure that people who actually got an accidental DNF after a timeout wouldn't lose any points because timeouts don't happen that often (normally, I wouldn't put it past these 2 to just turn off the modem before the line to avoid losing their precious points), also these not-finishers are quite clever so they could also just park or flip the car in the last corner, not do a pitstop and get disqualified from a race and numerous other examples. That's why if someone was serious about competing, they would finish races even if someone crashed them and they weren't in a position to win. Any DNF should result in no points for any more races for some period of time. If this was done, I bet that the whole problem of someone fast coming in and taking away points in a smaller amount of races wouldn't be an issue, because currently - your server encourages these not-finishers to hog their points and then run away when the fast crowd arrives, which results in fast people just giving up because they don't have all the free time in the world to chase these guys around and then watch them run away.

If they have anything to say against me, I welcome their attempt to provide ANY replay where I've backed away from a race or not finished (even if I got crashed and it was one of them two who would be getting points off me).

Offline Litro
Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:54 am Post 
1st don't call them idiots !
2nd cuprum is not so bad driver.
3rd 1 month won latvians, coz there was low activity.
4th Is there some screens where they did crash you ? Maybe that was only jokes, to make them fun and not real threat.

Offline fre2
Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:19 am Post 
thats true Litro, there are no places that someone crashed him.

Noxx-2: paosti formulai zem spoilera,ostîtâj... (something about me having formula spoilers on the car because he can't catch me) this wasnt meant to you, its hes bind

it really was joke, if he got crashed you, it havent changed much, one or two lost races is not end of the world...

i already have apologized to you, about what i said to you/about you.

one more thing, later i will post screen where you can see how wadey and landpascal works together.

Offline wadey
Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:41 am Post 
Did you even watch the replays? Your buddy flex successfully crashed in T1 at least once, the fact that he failed at other times is not an EXCUSE and your general behavior with spectating and running away is the real problem.

For sure once I've managed to get some points I'm going to help out a fast and decent racer like Pascal who's done 2-4 times the mileage you've done to get more points and overtake you in the standings. It is not much different than you 2 banding together and going to spectate when you're not in a position to win, actually, it is different - because neither of us went to spectate when we were getting beaten by a third party and not getting any points. You brought this whole situation upon yourselves, Pascal being where he is is a direct result of your lame behavior. Face it, he is the more deserving driver and there's nothing you can say against that.

As far as you having already apologized to me, shall we clear the air about that too? When I finally had enough and confronted you about your behavior (both spectating and insulting and plotting against me on the track) the first thing you did was DENY everything and tell me that I'm lying. After I told you I had replays of everything you asked if we could forget the whole thing and that you would "let me win you and get points" - which was moot anyway since I already got within a few points difference. If you had kept quiet and didn't come here to spread lies and bitch about better drivers and better people in general, I wouldn't have had any need to post all this.

So, stop being a little weasel and maybe think about how you can improve on both fronts (driving and being a nicer person).

One other thing: this competition isn't about who's done the most races and for you to even ask "how can I win a license by driving fast & fair and never winning" is ridiculous at best. (Since you're neither fast and especially not fair). It is the good will of Dav to hold these competitions and give out licenses, but for him to hinder faster and more decent racers just because you feel like you should be given something - is wrong. If he wants to split the two S1 licenses per month into two competitions, one for the guy with most points and races won, and the other for something like "most dedicated" racer who has spent the most time on the server that month - he can do that. But until he doesn't, stop whining (especially after everything you tried to pull to get the license).

Offline Litro
Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:01 pm Post 
That's nothing new. Spectating was already discovered 2-3 months ago. It is anoying, but can't penalize them only for that.

Offline wadey
Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:21 pm Post 
If it's nothing new then it should've been fixed at least a month ago. I wrote one possible solution for it above, and now you have another solution for rewarding most "dedicated" racers too. Implement both and there shouldn't be any reason for spectating or points manipulation of any kind..

Offline Litro
Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:28 pm Post 
Anyway, there will be points manipulation - coz you can change you speed/lap time/pitstop time/etc anytime you want...

Offline delta s4
Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:06 pm Post 
as limad i must say wadey is absolutely right, i'm npt defending anyone, i'm been in same situation as wadey, ppl trying to crash me so cuprum would win

some day i got tired of cuprum spectating on last lap near finish line, so i had to tell him, either you finish races or dont race at all, he never raced with me again, each time i joined server he went to spectators or leave server, when i left server he joined again, so i joined back, and he left, each time i raced he didnt

fre2 exacly same situation, i only had 1 with him, but he must realized i was faster so he never raced with me again, this kind of players dont deserve anything, but thats just me talking

take care

Offline fre2
Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:20 pm Post 
i have raced with you delta, but not so much in cargame server. much more in aa servers
didnt race with you because u could get morer points for just winning me, so i had to dont give you that chance to win me

now its not so important i win or not, that time it was just for points

Offline delta s4
Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:55 pm Post 
and u think that is fair? what if it was u that needed points? u would be "mad" like us, dont u think?

i always finished my races, not in case of crash... i dont do to others what i dont like they do to me

i stopped racing at cargame because i knew i didnt have a chance, its better than being seen on server and spectating or leaving all the time just because i cant win races

Offline fre2
Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:44 pm Post 
i know, it is unfair, so, im not going to do that anymore

Offline Litro
Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:37 pm Post 
This is just business, coz there is award. Spectating is not so important at all. If crashing, then it would be penalized.

Offline fre2
Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:51 am Post 
http://yfrog.com/2qwazzapascalj

Offline wadey
Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:12 pm Post 
Quote:
For sure once I've managed to get some points I'm going to help out a fast and decent racer like Pascal who's done 2-4 times the mileage you've done to get more points and overtake you in the standings. It is not much different than you 2 banding together and going to spectate when you're not in a position to win, actually, it is different - because neither of us went to spectate when we were getting beaten by a third party and not getting any points. You brought this whole situation upon yourselves, Pascal being where he is is a direct result of your lame behavior.

You managed to miss that whole paragraph? Your screenshot doesn't prove anything new.

Offline langpascal
Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:33 pm Post 
yeey! i'm first! so, how can i get my S1? :honger: :D my licence is langpascal :wink:

Offline scoot11
Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:30 pm Post 
langpascal wrote:
yeey! i'm first! so, how can i get my S1? :honger: :D my licence is langpascal :wink:

Congratulations :thumb:

Offline Si Mclaren
Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:25 pm Post 
wadey wrote:
One other thing: this competition isn't about who's done the most races and for you to even ask "how can I win a license by driving fast & fair and never winning" is ridiculous at best.

Thats what i most hate in LFS, the fact that races instead of overtaking, strategy, racing itself, are a hotlap competition, when who have a best PB will always win, doing the things boring...

Offline wadey
Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am Post 
I agree to an extent. That's why sometimes I'd intentionally start from the rear and mix things up a bit, but the other problem is that you have a wide variety of people at different skill levels. It's just not realistic to expect good racing when racers fit within 2 seconds interval between the fastest and the "slowest". Although, I did have some fun racing with people who were at least as fast as me (if not faster), problem is, you rarely get many of those in the same race and when you do it's usually a case of "who's in front after T1 wins the race" (since both are of similar speed and it's much easier to defend if there's a need).

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:13 am Post 
langpascal wrote:
yeey! i'm first! so, how can i get my S1?

Gratz. You got a PM (f)

Offline wadey
Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 am Post 
Hey! I'm 2nd but it still counts! I want a PM too :honger:

Edit: Sorry if I offended anyone, the post was meant as a joke and not as a rude forceful demand for a voucher..

Offline Speedy J
Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:57 pm Post 
wadey wrote:
I want

:roll:

Offline langpascal
Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:34 pm Post 
Thank you! :respect: :D

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:29 am Post 
sunnycz is fairly active with his S1 account :thumb:
eliajanineh upgraded to S2 and plays regularly :thumb:
Scoot11 upgraded to S2 but is far more active on the demo, still :huh:
CarbonS plays rarely and never on S1 :/
ZnoCz upgraded to S2 but plays rarely :/
Mumbles never plays LFS anymore after his S1 win :/

Give me one good reason to keep me motivated to invest money into this. Do I need to change something. Are there people around which actually have a very high motivation to play LFS on an almost daily basis or daily basis?

I'm not some rich oil or drugmoney guy or something, this is purely generosity :-?

I'm not a member of Greenpeace, never supported some other stupid organization where I can't track my generosity at all, I thought I found a good way to boost my karma but .. Hhhmm...

Offline Speedy J
Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:13 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
sunnycz is fairly active with his S1 account :thumb:
eliajanineh upgraded to S2 and plays regularly :thumb:
Scoot11 upgraded to S2 but is far more active on the demo, stil

I think that should be the reason Dave :wink: Look at the bright side of your actions.

The other players who got a S1 licens from you: they will return in LFS. Maybe busy with stuff they should have been busy with while trying to win the S1 license.

[ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next